(M. Vences & F. Glaw Verlags GbR)
The M. Vences & F. Glaw Verlags GbR is an official book publishing company. We founded this company in 1992 to publish the "Fieldguide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar" according to our own editorial ideas - inclusion of a maximum of information, and of complicate tables and keys - an unpredictable source of layout-errors in case the production process would not have been fully in our hands.
In 1994, we published the second edition of the "Fieldguide", and in 1996, the book "The Neotropical toad genus Atelopus Checklist, Biology, Distribution" by Stefan Lötters.
Since October 2007, the long-awaited third edition of our Madagascar Field Guide is available: Frank Glaw & Miguel Vences (2007):
A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Madagascar. Third Edition.
- Completely updated and rewritten
- Biology and description of all Malagasy amphibians and reptiles
- Accounts and distribution maps for over 700 species
of amphibians and reptiles
- More than 1500 colour photos
- Softcover, 17 x 24 cm, 496 pages
This book is being distributed by
Chimaira Buchhandelsgesellschaft, Frankfurt
Now available: The largest sound guide of frogs and toads ever published to date. More than 250 species of Madagascan frogs individually recorded and more than 39 natural soundscapes in 3 audio CDs with a 44 page booklet providing information about location and calling behaviour. Published by ALOSA, Barcelona, Spain.
To be ordered:
- Either directly from the publisher: www.sonidosdelanaturaleza.com
- In Germany, easiest from Chimaira in Frankfurt: www.chimaira.de